Thursday, October 21, 2010

what's keith WATCHING?

File:OprahWinfreyShow.jpg

The Oprah Show: Farewell Season

The Oprah Show is one of my guilty pleasures.  Too bad this is her last season.  Today, Tyler Perry was a guest on her show and he spoke of his traumatic childhood experiences including abuse, neglect, and molestation.  While he was sharing his story, he said something that stuck with me. The same strength that it took to take it [abuse], is the same amount of strength that it takes to let it go.  And Perry couldn't be more right.  I need to forgive my mother for everything that she has done to me.  I need to forgive Kenny for everything that he has done to me.  I need to forgive everyone in my life and just let it go.  It can't be done in one day.  I understand that it is a process.  But I'll get there in due time.  I believe that I must learn how to forgive in order to truly have satisfaction in my life.  I can't stay mad at everyone for my circumstances.  I can't point my finger.  I can't continue to play the victim.  I somehow played a roll in everything that has happened in my life.  

Anger is good.  Bitterness is not.  And I can say that I am very bitter.  I'm mad at the world right now.  I don't think I deserve some of my circumstances.  But, you know what?  Somebody out there has it worse.  Somebody out there didn't wake up this morning.  I'm still here.  And I need to go on with life.  I'm not happy or content with my life at this point, but I'll get there sooner than later.  It's a process.



No comments:

Post a Comment