Wednesday, October 13, 2010

what's keith WATCHING?

File:Raisin in the Sun 2008.jpg

I just finished watching this amazing movie.  I was actually shocked by how well the movie was.  The actors really surprised me.  This is definitely a must-see.  Phylicia Rashad, Sean Combes, and Sanaa Lathan did a fantastic job.  I remember being forced to read the play back in high school for summer reading.  I loved the play and the movie did not upset. 

The message of the play is powerful.  You must always stay close with family.  The message really drove home for me because I have neglected my family for the past two years.  I'm now trying to repair my relationship with my family.  I've learned no matter how mad you might get with someone, you shouldn't hold a grudge and not speak with him.  True, there is a lot of hurt and pain behind the scenes, but there's no excuse for not talking with my family for a year.  No excuse.  I regret that decision.  And it sucks because I tried living on my own and I fell flat on my face.  And who was there to help?  My family (with a little resistance).

No comments:

Post a Comment