Sunday, November 7, 2010

what's keith WATCHING?


A valedictorians declaration of love for a classmate launches a raucous, romantic night for a group of graduates.  This movie was excellent.  It's definitely a comedy worth watching.  I'm not a huge fan of comedies.  I prefer mystery/suspense movies, yet, I laughed several times watching this film. 

I Love You, Beth Cooper also brought up a lot of high school memories.  I attended Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, and just like Dennis Cooverman, my high school years sucked.  I had no friends, never attended prom, and I just felt very awkward.  My sexuality was also always under intense scrutiny.  I can relate to Richard in the movie.  Everyone thought I was gay, however, I would constantly deny it.  Well, I've come a long way.  I'm out of the closet now. 

You know what, though?  Throughout high school, I always longed for that one special friend who I could confide in.  A friendship much like Richard and Dennis.  Let's just say that wish was never granted.  I also envied the girls in the movie.  They were extremely carefree and dangerous.  No holds bar.  I was very much a good kid, so to speak.  I never smoked, used drugs, engaged in sexual activity, or was arrested. I guess that's a good thing.  Even though I always envied the bad, popular kids.  

The theme of the movie is carpe diem.  Seize the day.  Time is too short to be wasted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment