Sunday, November 14, 2010

what's keith WAKING UP TO?

I woke up today around 10:30am and was just lying in bed when I heard the doorbell ring.  I figured it was my mother’s boyfriend, so I didn’t think anything of it.  That is until the doorbell rang again and my mother made no attempt to go downstairs and check it out.  So, I peaked out of my bedroom window.  I saw a guy with what appeared as a police badge hanging from his neck holding an envelope.  Right then, I knew it had to be a court summons.  Shortly thereafter, the guy drove off in his white Toyota Camry.  He left a note on the front door leaving his telephone number and explaining his failed attempt to issue my court summons.

Tonight, the door bell rings again.  And guess who it was.  Yes, the same guy.  This time my mother answered the door.  She then calls me downstairs and I approach the guy.  He then hands me the court summons and also gave me some useful information and advice.  The guy was nice but I wish my mother didn't answer the door or better yet explained that I didn't live here.
Anyway, Capital One is now suing me over a credit card balance of about $2K.  Why would they even waist their time?  I owe several other credit card companies twice that amount and they are not attempting to sue me.  Well, Discover Card is also trying to sue me.   They tried to issue a summons earlier this year, but I don’t know what’s going on with that.  I’m currently unemployed and have no way of paying them back right now.  Hopefully, they don’t start to garnish my wages once I get a job.  Yeah, my life sucks.  And to top it all of, I’m going to have to start sending in payments on my student loans.  My payments will be about $100 a month.  Hopefully, I can defer them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment