Monday, November 1, 2010

what's keith REMINISCING ABOUT?

New Years 2010!




I have to start out by saying that New Year's of 2010 was my best new year's ever.  Now let's get on with the story.  On New Year's Eve, Kenny and I decided to take a trip up to Woodberry Common Premium Outlets.  Well, Kenny decided because I didn't have any money.  And I agreed to go along.  After shopping our plan was to drive into Manhattan, do some more shopping, and see the ball drop.  Great plan, right?  Maybe.

The day started off well.  However, while at the outlets, we ended up fighting.  I really forget what the fight was about.  Anyhow, I was so worked up that I went back to the car and read my January issue of Elle Magazine while Kenny finished shopping. 

Kenny loves to shop.  I don't.  Don't get me wrong.  I like to look good but traveling four hours to shop through clothes that nobody else wants is not my idea of fun.  He already knows that I only need four stores in my life.  They are in precise order- H&M, Sephora, Armani Exchange, and Forever 21.

Back to the story... We made up when he was done shopping and we took the trip to Manhattan.  It was only about an hour south from the Outlets.  Once we got into New York City, Kenny made the suggestion that we park in Brooklyn and take the subway right into Times Square.  I was a little apprehensive being as though I've never taken the New York City subway, but I agreed. Great idea on Kenny's part, I must say.  The subway system in New York is on point.  The train comes extremely often and it got us to our destination pretty quick.  That was my third time in New York City and my first time riding the New York City subway train.

So we get to Times Square and the first thing we do is take some pictures.  The first picture is of Kenny and the second is just some random picture.  What did I have on?  Well, I tried to look cute.  We were in New York.  I had on some Nike Pro Dunks, black jeans, grey suspenders, grey/white sweater and a black leather jacket.  Looking cute was not necessary as I was extremely cold.  Next time, I will definitely be prepared, if there is a next time.

We wanted to continue shopping, but to our surprise, all the stores in Times Square were closed and all the streets were shut down.  WTF.  So, we just started walking.  We stopped at a shop to get some hot chocolate.  I got hot chocolate, I believe Kenny had some hot tea.  Then we stopped at a pizza shop.  Kenny had about 3 slices of pizza.  He said the pizza was very good. I neglected to have any as I was excited and not very hungry.

Kenny has introduced me to a variety of locations.  This trip was his idea and just about every trip we've taken. He's shown me Rehobeth beach, Woodberry Commons, Times Square, King of Prussia, and a few restaurants.  Kenny was the first person I have ever been with that introduced me to new places and things.  Is that sad?  Maybe.

Back to the story...  Once we left the pizza shop, it started raining.  Are you kidding me?  I did not bring an umbrella.  It's -20 degrees. And it's raining.  The agony.  Anyhow, we continue walking, trying to find an open street to see the ball drop. We kept walking back and forth trying to find an opening.  When you asked a police officer, he would tell you to go to some intersection.  You'd finally get there and another police officer would instruct you to go to another location.  At one point, Kenny turned to me and said, what do you want to do? And honestly I wanted to say, let's go home. But I didn't.  I saw the excitement in his eyes and while I was in agony,  I said I don't know.  Anyhow, we found an opening while there was about a three hour wait time for the ball drop.

I never understood why anyone would wait in the cold to see some miniscule ball drop.  And after experiencing it for myself, I still don't understand. You stand in the cold and rain to see a ball drop.  How fun is that?  Not so much.

This was the longest three hour wait of my life.  Mind you, it's cold and raining.  However, the highlight is that Kenny held me for those three hours.  He was so in love with me then.  I love the fact that Kenny can be very affectionate even in public.  Sometimes, while shopping, he'll hold my hand or give me a kiss or yell Babe! across the store to get my attention.  He makes me feel special.  That's one of the many reasons I love him.

Midnite slowly came, the ball dropped, and Kenny and I kissed to welcome in the New Year.  If I had to do it all over again, I would.  Next time, I will definitely be prepared, but it was an experience in itself.  Just one of the many memories of Kenny and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment